This reconstruction started with this nightshirt that I accidentally shrunk in the dryer. As you can see, the sleeves are too short now and it is way too short (which is why I'm wearing jeans underneath it in the picture!). I was super angry because it was so soft and comfortable, so I decided to do something with it!
I started by cutting the sleeves off. This is usually how these things start!
Then I cut the shoulder seams open at the top.
I made straps out of the original sleeves and attached these to the back then pulled them to the front, through these channels, and tied them in a bow. I put a white tube top under the dress (because I'm too modest to wear a dress with a key hole that low!)
This dress is super comfortable. Almost too comfortable.