Saturday, August 28, 2010

My "Eddie Cap" from Mushroom Villagers tutorial

Today's project was borrowed from Irene at Mushroom Villagers.  She calls this the "Eddie Cap."  I don't fancy myself a mad hatter, but I gave it a shot.  I had some polka-dotted flannel left over from a teddy bear I made.  That's him on the right.
Anyways, I won't show every step since the tutorial is linked and is very thorough.  I followed it pretty much exactly.  The parts to keep in mind are to clip all curved edges so that it lays nicely and to cut into your bill to so that it isn't too long and floppy.  The tutorial says to cut a curve on the unfinished edge so that the center of the bill is about 3" long but I think 2.5" would be even better for a toddler.  The bill on my finished hat was a bit big.  I lined it with two layers of interfacing.  Some people use things like milk jug plastic of other refurbished items to stiffen bills, so be creative!
The bill is attached to a band lined in interfacing (this lining isn't necessary, but is probably a good idea).  A second band is attached to give the bottom of the hat a finished edge.  The top is an octagon that is folded with 2 little folds on each of 4 sides (8 total folds)  This is then attached between the two bands.  This step was a little confusing, but I think the tutorial explained it as well as it could.

Here is the finished hat on a balloon because my daughter wasn't being a cooperative model this morning.  She did let me get one picture while she was sipping milk and watching cartoons though.


  1. Michael Kors Handbags Sale Clearance can be found in many different places unlike other luxury handbags.
    Michael Kors Outlet Online are great for any occasion.
    Michael Kors Factory Outlet is perfect for those who like to carry fashion bags.
    Michael Kors Outlet Online is so universal that it could appeal to everyone.

  2. Tratar de encontrar el verdadero negocio en bolsos baratos cuando se trata de comprar es un dolor. Conozca el valor o el valor de un bolso de mano. Esto se aplica a cualquier artículo que pueda comprar, pero lo está buscando a un precio reducido.

    Publicada por: Michael Kors Bolsos | Bolsos Michael Kors Outlet | Bolsos Michael Kors Rebajas

    När du känner till den allmänna kostnaden för en handväska, kommer det att ge dig en slags måttskala på hur mycket av en affär du faktiskt får. Fuska inte dig själv och sakna en sann affär. En sann affär skulle du få 75% rabatt på en redan billig handväska med bra material.

    Det postat av: Michael Kors Väska | Michael Kors Väska Rea | Michael Kors Väska Rea

    Il existe une pléthore de détaillants de sacs à main bon marché dans le monde entier qui sont plus que capables d'offrir aux individus les meilleurs moyens par lesquels les sacs à main bon marché sont offerts aux tarifs les plus abordables.

    Il a posté par: Sac Longchamp Femme | Sac Longchamp Pas Cher | Sac Longchamp Solde